June 13th, 2014

Birthday/Father's Day at LongHorn Steakhouse

  • LongHorn corn-on-the-cob
  • Checkers funnel cake
  • picture-taking
Dad had the day off today, and Mom came home around 8PM. I asked my family whether they wanted to celebrate Father's Day early. Mom said okay but my birthday would be celebrated the 15th. I asked Jessica and Mom to help me choose a restaurant. Jessica wanted to dress according to which restaurant we chose. I wanted to eat at Brio's, but the others said no. Then I thought about that Taste restaurant but Jessica said it got poor reviews. My choices were down to 7 Bridges or a steakhouse (LongHorn, Ruby Tuesday, BJ's Brewhouse, Ted's Montana Grill or some other steakhouses that were too expensive). Jessica wanted Ruby Tuesday or 7 Bridges (for fish and chips). But after comparing desserts and sides, BJ's had the best desserts and LongHorn the best sides. I wanted to go to LongHorn because of the commercial on tv showing summer grilled corn on the cob and watermelon. We went to LongHorn on Atlantic.

The waiter there was very polite. He introduced himself as "Alex", short for Alexander. Another waitress stopped by to take pictures of us in the restaurant booth. I ordered the flatiron steak because the menu said there was a stuffed Portabello mushroom included. This never came sadly. My meal also came with a baked potato and (for $1 extra) fire-grilled sweet corn. My Mom ordered the same, with green beans and broccoli. Dad got the sirloin, with broccoli and sweet potato. Jessica ordered a half rack of ribs, rice pilaf, and sweet potato. The waiter refilled my sweet tea 3 times and asked if I wanted a sweet tea to go, but he asked no before I could answer. Afterwards he asked if we wanted dessert, but we said no.

We went to Checkers drive-thru to order funnel cakes instead. Dad drove up to the intercom at the first lane, but he didn't understand what the lady was asking him (I think she wanted him to drive up to the window), so I told him to use the second lane instead. We bought 3 funnel cakes and tried to buy 4 cinnamon apple pies, but they only had 3 left. The lady gave us the extra pie for free, 3 for $1. The funnel cakes were covered in hamburger wrappers, how cute! We ate the desserts at home. Nice night!