June 15, 2014

Birthday/Father's Day 2014


  • cake decorating
  • Orsay beef stroganoff
  • How To Train Your Dragon 2
  • Drew's family


I promised I wouldn't get up this day. Mom and Jessica dressed me, in my purple touristy shirt with the giraffes on it. I didn't get up. Jessica went to drop Mom off to work.

Jessica showed up with Charlene in my room, and they asked if I wanted to get up. Jessica carried me to the dining table and told me to open my eyes. It was Charlene's only day off, so I opened them. Plus Jessica said she had bought me a cake decorating set! WITH FONDANT! I was so happy, we decorated 2-layered mini-cakes, mini cupcakes, cupcakes, and cake pops together. Jessica bought me chocolate initially, but I traded her for funfetti since I can't have that. Charlene got red velvet. Jessica also got german chocolate frosting in the can (the kind with the coconut), white icing in a big tub with spring food coloring (pink, blue, green, and purple), and white fondant (white, pink, blue, green, yellow). Charlene had time to cook a soft-boiled egg. We had to leave before we could finish decorating the cakes because Charlene made reservations at a fancy French restaurant.

We were running late, reservations were at 3:20PM not 3:30PM like Charlene originally thought. We got lost using Jessica's phone. When we got there, a crowd of people was exiting, and the man outside cleaning the tables brought us inside to get our reservations. The restaurant was called Orsay. It was very fancy. I ordered sparkling water, and lemonade. Charlene ordered Sprite, a cheese plate, and a seafood platter. For lunch I had $1 deviled eggs and beef stroganoff made with crème fraîche. Charlene ordered steak and eggs, and Jessica chose the croque madame (pork shoulder sandwich with a fried egg on top). It was delicious! The waiter asked if I wanted another bread basket and I said yes. But he didn't show up with another one sadly, and he took away my butter. I didn't eat two slices of bread I had been saving.

We had time to spare, before the movie Jessica had reserved, so we went home to wait for Dad. When we got there, Dad's van was already parked. Jes fed Jennifer, who went inside the kitchen, and I ran to the garden to take pictures with Dad. He helped us decorate cupcakes, then we went to pick up Mom at Dillard's.

Again, we got lost taking Dad's "shortcut" to get to the theatre near Philips highway. When we got there we parked pretty closeby. I wanted to park closer but Dad liked the spot he picked. Charlene was upset because Drew had told his family about her little black purse, that she didn't want to bring her big purse or else they would think she was bragging. People were leaving the theater with buckets of popcorn. I went to take a picture of Mom and Dad (with his "Toothless" face) next to the movie poster. Drew came out to hand Charlene her bag, but she told him to put it back into his car. Then we went inside, because Jessica had printed out a FanDango ticket that allowed us to skip the ticket box. Jessica ordered us three popcorn bucket combos. Initially she intended one for me, one for the parents, and one for Drew's family, but Mom gave theirs to Drew. They didn't serve sweet tea there so I went with fruit punch. Jessica got a cherry Icee.
We went into the dark theater and Drew's Mom and sister greeted us, having saved us seats. I sat next to Mom and Jes, on the other side of Drew's family. Then we watched How to Train Your Dragon 2, in 3D!

After the movie, we waited for trailers but nothing showed up by the end of the film. When we went outside, Drew's brother and his girlfriend were there also, and the whole crowd stayed for about an hour chatting. I talked to Jessica and Dad, but I wet my pants twice from all the soda. We drove home, Charlene left with Drew. Dad pulled up to Burger King to buy us dinner. I ordered a Whopper combo with sweet tea and ate my fries in the car.

When we got home, I was hot so I decided to finish taking pictures, of all the cakes before I took the sweater off. Dad got two cases of beer from Charlene and Drew. Dad took a nap. I finished eating my whopper, then started decorating my cake with fondant. Mom decorated two cake pops as well. But one was just a ball of rolled-up fondant. And she didn't stick the pop sticks inside the cakes. We woke Dad up and drank strawberry lemonade out of plastic wineglasses. And I blew out my number "29" candles. All this was from Jessica! We cut into our cakes and ate them. The parents went to bed. Then Jessica and I had a good laugh finishing our cakes and put things away (the cake into pink and green polka-dot cake boxes).

Jessica bought me a restaurant review notebook and gel pens, while Charlene bought me expensive cosmetics from Sephora, in lovely gift bags. Jessica also bought me speakers for my computer, and Mom bought me a strapless white dress. These were gift-wrapped.

I went into Jessica's room to use her computer, to upload the pictures onto Facebook. She showed me her "Toothless" piggy bank and went to bed. It took me until 6AM the next morning to finish, then I slept through that day and practically the next.